Plaza West Community Life Program
Support services are available to all individuals and families through Mission First’s Resident Services Department. A more extensive program, the Plaza West Community Life Program, is available for grandfamilies.
The Plaza West Community Life Program:
- Provides case management services to address the social services needs by referral and follow-up to community educational, health and welfare resources
- Offers a wide range of on-site programs designed to nurture the healthy development of children and youth living on site, and help grandparents meet the challenge of parenting for the “second time around.”
- Maximizes use of onsite space for programming, recreation and learning.
- Facilitates connections with other Plaza West grandfamilies.
The onsite supportive services promotes healthy grandfamily bonding, housing stabilization, peer-to-peer support, and resources for success in school, work, and the community.
Services address a range of issues, to include:
- Grand-parenting support
- Physical and mental health
- Academic support
- Legal aid
- Financial literacy
- Access to food, furniture and clothing
- Job training and employment
Continuing outreach adds more partners and community resources.
Extensive onsite amenities bolsters these services:
- Onsite social service offices
- Grandparents library
- Activity room for children and teenagers
- Fitness room
- 12th floor flexible community space with expansive City views
- Outdoor area including playground, landscaped patio, and seating areas
- 24-hour concierge
- Secure onsite parking
- Controlled building entry
- Laundry facilities on every floor
Click here to donate to the Plaza West Community Life Program.